Profile branding is an area of growing importance & attention. Though the idea is not new but it is definitely evolving basis on a more conscious opinion of companies to hire potential employees yearning for both individual and organizational growth.
The sole aim of a profile is to attract the recruiter’s eye within flash of seconds. This paves in a way for a challenge i.e. to build a comprehensive yet concise profile. There are 3 different focus points while preparing a profile: formulating the profile as per the employers’ recruitment strategy, structuring the strategy into a right profile and lastly communication of the desired image & individual value to the recruiter.
Results show that the career enthusiasts are lacking in many areas and have potential for improvement in several key domains of a profile building process. The general analysis talks about more career enthusiasts moving towards “copy & paste” document whereas the target group talk about transparency as an emphasis.
Thus, we shall always create our profile keeping in mind 5 most important aspects:
1. Decide the focus and create the objective: The job objective should be a crisp and concise statement of what you intend to pursue. It should include these: Target functional area, Preferred location and Preferred industry
2. An effective summary: This aims at presenting the snapshot of a person’s professional profile to a potential recruiter. It demonstrates an ability to generate a significant return on the employers’ investment in a candidate. Use bullets to emphasise points and include the following points in the summary:
– Total years of experience
– Present / last position with the present / last company associated with
– Stints taken across the career supporting your target functional areas
– Highest qualification and any important work-related professional enhancement courses undertaken
– Your personal work-style and unique personality traits
3. Organisational experience: The content should be organised in such a manner that the recruiter gets to read the most relevant material first with special emphasis on one’s achievements. The sentences should be well-structured to be positive, brief and accurate. There ought to be a fine balance of including your keywords & phrases for ranking optimisation. Use verb tense consistently and highlight major portions like growth path, deputations, project undertaken in bold and italics but do not overdo this.
4. Quantify your achievements: Achievements sections focus on what a person has actually accomplished in her assignments which in turn, translates into what a person can do for a potential employer. The achievements should exhibit a PAR (Problem-Action-Result) Pattern to exemplify the benefit of the action taken to you as an individual and organization as a whole. The accomplishments should also be quantified to add credibility to your resume. Moreover, you can use percentages as a metric to highlight your efforts.
5. Use the perfect format & language structure: We should ensure perfection in language; that the resume is written in perfect English with appropriate professional jargon & vocabulary. The format should be chosen as per the target industry and functional areas.
Korporate Ladder brings to you the right set of professionals who completely assist you in the end-to-end management of profile lifecycle development. They identify your requirements, probe the career enthusiast to gauge his achievements across the career path and then weave a professional profile which is Search Engine Optimised and is ATS (Applicant Tracking System) compliant.
As it is rightly said, how people perceive something matters far more than the absolute truth. The question generally isn’t which candidate is best; the question is which profile sells itself the most and a recruiter think is the best. Korporate Ladders merges that bleak line of perception & truth and creates a profile worthy of recruiters’ attention.